Context Clues Targeted Practice – 4th and 5th Grade
⭐️ This resource specifically targets building 4th grade and 5th grade context clues skills, making it perfect for review and practice. Excellent for remedial intervention with students who need more explicit and targeted practice before applying this skill to books and passages.
⭐️ This packet is perfect for honing context clues skills regardless of whether you use Common Core or state specific standards.
⭐️ This resource contains both printable and digital versions. The digital versions are in Google Forms format and transferred via Google Sheets. Access to Google Drive is required.
✏️Targeted Practice: Breaks down each type of context clue with skill focused text and questions. Covers: Definitions, Examples, Synonyms, Antonyms, & Word Parts.
✏️Easy and Effective: Contains short questions and text style excerpts.
✏️Skill Focused: Targeted specifically for students to practice Context Clues skills.
✏️Comprehensive: Great for an introduction or remediation for context clues. This will help students identify and define vocabulary words in their every-day reading.
1. How to Use This Resource Page
- Guided Practice
- Independent Practice
- Next Steps
2. Context Clues Anchor Chart – Types of Context Clues
3. Short Passages & Question Worksheets*
- Context Clues: Definition
- Context Clues: Example
- Context Clues: Synonyms
- Context Clues: Antonyms
- Context Clues: Word Parts
- *Each Set Contains 4 Pages of Short Passages and 8 Questions totaling 20 practice pages
4. Context Clues Assessment
- Assessment is 5 pages and mixes all the different types of context clues.
- Part A / Part B questions, similar to what students will find on state tests.
- Questions are multiple choice. Some part B questions are short response.