1st Grade Reading Mini Lessons GROWING Bundle
⭐️ These digital Reading Comprehension Mini Lessons for Google Slides & Seesaw are perfect for classroom & distance learning. This bundle includes five day mini lessons for many 1st grade reading comprehension standard based skill, with more on the way! Each unit is skill based and features lessons that utilize interactive multimedia, mentor text picture books, YouTube read alouds, skill based questions, anchor charts, and more.
⭐️ These lessons are designed for teachers to present and complete with students remotely or in person as a presentation. Each lesson is designed to take one week to complete, but they are flexible and can also be used as a review center for students.
⭐️ Mentor texts are carefully selected to meet each lesson standard and include a wide range of diverse characters.
✏️ Skill Overview – Each mini lesson includes a video that introduces the skill.
✏️ Anchor Charts – Fillable skill based anchor charts help students grasp key concepts.
✏️ Multimedia Engagement – Integrates read-aloud via YouTube links.
✏️ Interactive – Slides are interactive with fillable text boxes and integrated links and embedded videos.
✏️ Skill Focused – Graphic organizers to practice each comprehension skill or strategy.
✏️ Quick Assessment – Exit ticket for informal assessment at the end of each lesson.
- RL.1.1 Fiction Questions
- RL.1.2 Retell Stories
- RL.1.3 Describe Characters, Settings, and Events
- RL.1.4 Identify Words and Phrases
- RL.1.5 Explain Differences Between Fiction and Nonfiction
Reading Informational Text
- RI.1.1 Nonfiction Questions
- RI.1.2 Identify the Main Topic and Retell Key Details of a text
- RI.1.3 Describe the Connection Between Two Individuals, Events, or Ideas,
- RI.1.4 Ask and Answer Questions to Clarify Words and Phrases
- RI.1.5 Text Features
- RL.1.6 Identify Author
- RL.1.7 Use Illustrations and Details
- RL.1.9 Compare and Contrast Adventures and Experiences
- RL.1.10 Read Prose and Poetry
- RI.1.6 Distinguish Between Information Provided by Text Features and Words
- RI.1.7 Use Illustrations and Details
- RI.1.8 Identify Reasons
- RI.1.9 Compare and Contrast Texts
- RI.1.10 Read Informational Texts
These units can easily be converted to PowerPoint for use with Microsoft Teams. Links for preloaded SeeSaw activities are included.