⭐️Over 250 printable and digital passages including stories, poems, dramas, and plays aligned to each 5th grade Common Core standard. Includes all of the CCSS informational text and reading literature standards. All qualified passages contain certified Lexile® measures in the 5th Grade Common Core Text Complexity Band. If you do not use Common Core, this packet is still perfect for teaching these skills.
⭐️Each unit includes anchor charts, passages with standard based question sets, and a corresponding standards based assessment. Excellent tool for whole class instruction, independent work, small groups, and test prep.
✏️Lexile Levels – All qualifying passages include a certified Lexile measure to make differentiation easy. Passages vary across the 5th grade Common Core Text Complexity Band (the range for fourth and fifth grade is 740L-1010L).
✏️Integrated Color Coding – Color coding strategy encourages students to learn how to find and use text evidence in their answers.
✏️Comprehensive – Passages are perfect for comprehensive standard based test prep. Included anchor charts and questions make this resource great for lesson modeling. Works perfectly for small groups and guided reading.
✏️Scaffolding – Utilizes the Lexile Framework® for Reading and a mix of standard based essay and multiple choice questions to allow educators to scaffold independent work and homework. Also great for centers and interventions.
✏️Highly Engaging – Contains adapted and custom content with high-quality photographs and illustrations designed to engage students of all levels and interests.
❤ Leia W. said, “So thorough, detailed, and engaging. This will be a huge part of my instruction this year! Thank you.”
❤ Kerry G. said, “Worth every penny! Perfect for all the standards! Thank you!”
❤ Megan R. said, “I was moved to 5th grade this year and felt overwhelmed until a friend recommended Common Core Kingdom to me. I am SO thankful for this amazing bundle. I now feel like I can tackle this year with this fantastic resource. I can’t say thank you enough for creating something so comprehensive for teachers like me who didn’t even know where to start!”
This bundle contains all of the resources listed below.
1. Making Inferences and Explicit Details 4th & 5th Grade Nonfiction RI.4.1 RI.5.1
2. Main Idea and Details in Nonfiction 4th Grade RI.4.2 5th Grade RI.5.2
3. Historical, Scientific and Technical Text 4th & 5th Grade RI.4.3 RI.5.3
4. Context Clues in Nonfiction 4th Grade RI.4.4 & 5th Grade RI.5.4
5. Compare and Contrast 5th Grade – Nonfiction Text Structure RI.5.5
6. Compare and Contrast Topics from Different Points of View 5th Grade RI.5.6
7. Compare & Contrast Events from Multiple Accounts- 5th Grade RI.5.6
8. Information from Multiple Sources- 5th Grade RI.5.7
9. Reasons and Evidence Support Points 4th Grade RI.4.8 & 5th Grade RI.5.8
10. Integrate Information from Multiple Texts 4th Grade RI.4.9 & 5th Grade RI.5.9
11. Comprehend Scientific, Historical, & Technical Text RI.4.10 RI.5.10
12. Inferences in Literature 4th Grade RL.4.1 and 5th Grade RL.5.1
13. Theme in Stories Plays and Poems 4th Grade RL.4.2 and 5th Grade RL.5.2
14. Compare and Contrast Characters, Settings, and Events 5th Grade RL.5.3
15. Context Clues in Stories 4th Grade RL.4.4 & 5th Grade RL.5.4
16. Figurative Language in Poetry and Prose 4th Grade RL.4.4 & 5th Grade RL.5.4
17. Text Structure in Stories, Poems and Plays 4th Grade RL.4.5 & 5th Grade RL.5.5
18. Compare and Contrast Point of View – 4th Grade RL.4.6 & 5th Grade RL.5.6
19. Visuals and Multimedia in Fiction – 4th Grade RL.4.7 & 5th Grade RL.5.7
20. Compare & Contrast Stories in the Same Genre – 5th Grade RL.5.9
21. Reading Comprehension – 4th Grade RL.4.10 & 5th Grade RL.5.10
⭐️See more about why certified Lexile measures matter by clicking on the product preview and navigating to the About Lexile Levels page.
4th Grade Common Core Reading Comprehension Units
5th Grade Common Core Reading Comprehension Units