Digital reading comprehension mini lessons for Google Slides are perfect for classroom & distance learning. This GROWING bundle includes five days of mini lessons for every 3rd grade skill and standard. Each skill features lessons that utilize interactive multimedia, mentor text picture books, skill based questions, anchor charts, and more.
⭐️ Skill Overview: Each mini lesson includes a video that introduces the skill.
⭐️ Anchor Charts: Fillable skill based anchor charts help students grasp key concepts.
⭐️ Multimedia Engagement: Integrates read-alouds via YouTube links.
⭐️ Interactive: Slides are interactive with fillable text boxes and integrated links and embedded videos.
⭐️ Skill Focused: Graphic organizers to practice each comprehension skill or strategy.
⭐️ Quick Assessment: Exit ticket for informal assessment at the end of each lesson.
These lessons are designed for teachers to present and complete with students remotely or in person as a presentation. Each lesson is designed to take one week to complete, but they are flexible and can also be used as a review center for students.
Mentor texts are carefully selected to meet each lesson standard and include a wide range of diverse characters.
- RL.3.1 Ask and Answer Questions in Fiction
- RL.3.2 Recount Stories
- RL.3.3 Describe Characters
- RL.3.4 Figurative Language
- RL.3.5 Fiction Structure
- RL.3.6 Point of View
- Coming Soon: RL.3.7 Use Illustrations
- Coming Soon: RL.3.9 Compare & Contrast Similar Stories
- Coming Soon: RL.3.10 Fiction Comprehension Review
Reading Informational Text
- RI.3.1 Ask and Answer Questions in Nonfiction
- RI.3.2 Topic, Main Idea, and Details
- RI.3.3 Connections in Historical Events, Scientific Ideas, and Technical Steps
- RI.3.4 Context Clues
- RI.3.5 Text and Web Features
- RI.3.6 Point of View
- RI.3.7 Nonfiction Text Images
- RI.3.8 Nonfiction Text Structure
- Coming Soon:RI.3.9 Compare and Contrast Points
- Coming Soon:RI.3.10 Nonfiction Comprehension Review
*Please Note: This is a GROWING bundle. More resources will be added, and the price will increase. Buy now to save!
To see a full walk through of one of these resources, check out this video.
These units can easily be converted to PowerPoint for use with Microsoft Teams.