⭐️ These digital Reading Comprehension Mini Lessons for Google Slides & Seesaw are perfect for classroom & distance learning. This bundle includes five days of mini lessons for every 4th and 5th grade reading comprehension standard based skill. Each skill features lessons that utilize interactive multimedia, mentor text picture books, YouTube read alouds, skill based questions, anchor charts, and more.
⭐️ These lessons are designed for teachers to present and complete with students remotely or in person as a presentation. Each lesson is designed to take one week to complete, but they are flexible and can also be used as a review center for students.
⭐️ Mentor texts are carefully selected to meet each lesson standard and include a wide range of diverse characters.
Select Klarna at checkout and pay in 4 interest-free installments!
✏️ Skill Overview – Each mini lesson includes a video that introduces the skill.
✏️ Anchor Charts – Fillable skill based anchor charts help students grasp key concepts.
✏️ Multimedia Engagement – Integrates read-alouds via YouTube links.
✏️ Interactive – Slides are interactive with fillable text boxes and integrated links and embedded videos.
✏️ Skill Focused – Graphic organizers to practice each comprehension skill or strategy.
✏️ Quick Assessment – Exit ticket for informal assessment at the end of each lesson.
- Inferences & Explicit Details in Fiction – RL.4.1 & RL.5.1
- Summarize Stories – RL.4.2 & RL.5.2
- Describe Characters, Settings, and Events – RL.4.3
- Compare & Contrast Characters, Settings, & Events – RL.5.3
- Context Clues in Fiction – RL.4.4 & RL.5.4
- Literature Structure – RL.4.5 & RL.5.5
- Point of View – RL.4.6 & RL.5.6
- Connections: Text, Visual, & Oral Representations – RL.4.7
- Visual & Multimedia – RL.5.7
- Compare & Contrast Stories & Themes – RL.4.9
- Compare & Contrast Stories in the Same Genre – RL.5.9
- Fiction Comprehension Review – RL.4.10 & RL.5.10
Reading Informational Text
- Inferences and Explicit Details in Nonfiction – RI.4.1 & RI.5.1
- Main Idea to Summarize – RI.4.2 & RI.5.2
- Historical Events, Scientific Ideas, and Technical Texts – RI.4.3
- Historical Events, Scientific Ideas, and Technical Texts – RI.5.3
- Context Clues – RI.4.4 & RI.5.4
- Text Structure – RI.4.5
- Compare Text Structure – RI.5.5
- Firsthand and Secondhand Accounts – RI.4.6
- Analyze Multiple Accounts – RI.5.6
- Nonfiction Text Images – RI.4.7
- Print & Digital Sources – RI.5.7
- Reasons and Text Evidence – RI.4.8 & RI.5.8
- Integrate Information – RI.4.9 & RI.5.9
- Nonfiction Comprehension Review – RI4.10 & RI.5.10
*Please Note: This Bundle includes BOTH the 4th and 5th Grade Standards. Twelve of these units are SAME for both grades. The discount for this bundle accounts for these units being included in both 4th & 5th grade resources.
To see a full walkthrough of one of these resources, check out this video.
These units can easily be converted to PowerPoint for use with Microsoft Teams.