Reading comprehension, math, and writing morning work for everyday in August. Each day is focused on a national holiday (some real, some silly). Engaging standards based routines to promote independent morning routines for 2nd and 3rd grade.
- Read a short paragraph about the national holiday
- Answer two text-based questions by underlining the answer in the passage.
- Respond to a writing prompt.
- Select a choice for a class bar graph, then respond (orally or written) to standards-based questions.
The main standards that are addressed are:
- RI.2.10/ RI.3.10 read and comprehend informational text.
- Various writing standards including W.2.1/ W.3.1, W.2.2/ W.3.2, W.2.3/ W.3.3.
- Math graphing standards 2.MD.D.10 & 3.MD.B.3.
There are paragraphs, prompts, and graph questions for every day in January, so you will have ample to to choose from.
This product allows for differentiation.