Literature and social studies unit based on The Sandwich Swap by Queen Rania. Reading comprehension passages and activities to help students understand tolerance of different cultures. Most of this unit focuses on learning about the Middle Eastern and Muslim culture.
*This unit requires the book The Sandwich Swap by Queen Rania*
Table of Contents
1. Introduction to the Story The Sandwich Swap
2. Vocabulary cards: tolerance, diversity, culture
3. About the Author: Queen Rania of Jordan Article and Questions
4. Map to locate the Middle East and Jordan.
5. Sticky Note Comprehension Questions for The Sandwich Swap
6. Hummus & Pita vs. Peanut butter and Jelly Class Graph
7. Writing Prompts Based on Story (4)
8. A Day In My Life: Aadila Reading Passage (Girl from Iran)
9. Venn Diagram Craftivity
10. Compare and Contrast Comprehension Questions
11. Salma and Lily Craftivity